- At Signifyin’ Guyana, Charmaine Valere posts a short essay on Denise Harris’s novel Web of Secrets.
- Geoffrey Philp describes his “quixotic” relationship with his alma mater, Jamaica College, and its influence on his world view and his fiction.
- Tobias Buckell makes it clear that he’s not boycotting Borders.
- The St Petersburg Times reviews Wifredo Lam in North America, a retrospective of the Cuban artist’s work currently on at the Salvador Dali Museum of Art in St Petersburg, Florida.
Wifredo Lam, Femme assise (1955)
- In the New York Review of Books, Jose Miguel Vivanco and Daniel Wilkinson of Human Rights Watch report on their recent expulsion from Venezuela.
- And, oops, just noticing this: Edwidge Danticat’s recent short essay on Toni Morrison in The Progressive.